Some people may be unhappy with their smiles due to misaligned teeth, stains, or discolorations. These problems can make a person feel self-conscious and less confident about their appearance. But a smile makeover can transform a smile into a more aesthetically pleasing one, making patients happier about their teeth.
What is a smile makeover?
A smile makeover is the use of both cosmetic dentistry and restorative dental procedures to improve the teeth’s appearance. There are many options but it can be done through one or more cosmetic procedures, such as veneers or composite restorations.
Our office will develop the right treatment plan for a successful smile makeover. We create a customized treatment plan that includes only the procedures necessary to address your concerns.
Composite vs. Porcelain Veneers
- Composite veneers or restorations are made of a composite resin material applied directly to your teeth.
- Composite restorations are minimally invasive as they don’t require a lot of tooth preparation.
- These restorations can often be done in a single visit.
- Porcelain veneers are a thin layer of porcelain that is placed over existing.
- The veneers can be made from the mold in the dental lab, a process that might take a week or longer.
- One of the main advantages of porcelain veneers is durability. Porcelain is a far stronger material than composite resin. It also has the ability to mask darker stains and gives a more natural appearance.
Which material to choose?
Both materials are made to match your teeth (or whiten) and improve your overall smile. To choose the right material, it’s better to contact our office about your personal preference, budget, and your aesthetic goals.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment, please call us at 828-631-3283 or request an appointment online.
David S. McGuire, DDS